Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'M IN IRELAND!






It's amazing! I'm now in the EMERALD ISLE of Ireland! I'm emailing from an internet cafe near O'Connell Street Bridge. We flew on Ryan Air into Dublin early this morning from Prestwick airport in Scotland (got up at 3:45am) we arrived in Dublin at 7:40am after going thru a very nonexistant customs procedure (by the way, I haven't had my bags searched or me searched YET on this trip!) and we caught a bus into the city centre. It's so surreal to be here after all these years dreaming of coming! I'm sitting here looking out the window at the River Liffey. We're one block away from Temple Bar (I'm going to go have a pint!) and we're just down the street from Trinity College (where the Book of Kells is displayed). We're going to take a tour bus around the city today (to see the sights and learn the history) and I think tomorrow we'll come in again to spend time at various places that we want to go. So later today after the tour we will make our way back to the airport to pick up our rental car so we can drive to Trim (where we will be staying in a B&B for the next 4 nights). We'll be using that as a base and coming into Dublin and surrounding areas over the next few days. I will try to email as much as I can to keep you updated on our adventures.   Would you believe everything seems to have a hint of green here!!! I'm serious!! It's true! Anyways, I just wanted to let you know we arrived safely. Thank you for your prayers! Erin Go Bragh! Cheers, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment