Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'M IN SCOTLAND!


I'M BACK IN BONNIE SCOTLAND AGAIN!   Hiya! I must make this email real quick...I'm using a computer at a posh restaurant here in Edinburgh that we've eaten dinner at where they give free internet usage to diners (with a 15 min limit). So here we are (just eaten roast lamb and drank some red wine)...plus it's just down the street from are lovely B&B. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be back in Scotland...I cried today. We took the train up from London (very relaxing and enjoyable trip) and when we arrived at the station in Edinburgh there was a bagpiper in full traditional dress kilt playing Scotland the Brave...I'm HOME! That was a total God moment!  In our room we had tea, scones, digestives, tablet & shortbread...and a lovely view of some beautiful gardens. We spent the afternoon walking the neighborhood we're staying in...popped into a wee shop for a Mars bar...and dad got his haircut in a barber shop for £7. Tomorrow we will take a bus to the Royal Mile to do shopping and to see Edinburgh Castle. I'm looking forward to it. It's Greaaaaaaaaaaat to be back!   I'll email again as soon as I can...I send my love...oh and by the way...it's raining Scottish rain! WooHOO!!!!   Cheers, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment